So I figured you can’t start changing the world until you start changing your own.
Today, along with the numerous other changes i’m making in my life including most notably starting this blog, I decided to get healthier!
This sounds great and probably like you did 11:55 on December 31st when you told your friends your going to work out, eat healthier, and just get in shape. Well that’s me right now, but I’m planning on doing this differently I’m enlisting your help.
How? by being my cheering section, the section willing to give advice and to try and convince me to not eat that quart of ice cream in my freezer or to skip a workout day.
Now to the basics, currently I am 6’2″ (hopefully that doesn’t change) and 171 pounds. That doesn’t sound overweight nor is it technically but i know I can do better. So I will be updating my progress here to try and push myself.
Here is the hard part, have you recently tried searching on the internet on how to get healthier? Oh MY GOODNESS!!!!
Seriously how is anyone able to sift through the sand that is the internet and healthy living. Any 15 experts can point you in a different direction, it is absolutely crazy. You will find 100’s of different blogs on how to be healthy, and 1000’s of articles (literally no joke) on the subject.
So after all of the time wasting i did online I came to one conclusion!
Here is my “DIET”
- Stop eating all that damn candy, I mean I eat a lot… candy is delicious.
- Drink more water, If I were to guess I’d say I drink about 36 oz of water a day. This isn’t enough gonna try for 60(not too crazy right?)
- Stop drinking soda… Period! save my wallet and my body
- Bring a lunch to work, fast food is killing me
- eat less…
Here is my “Workout Strategy”
- Do Lifting before my cardio 3 times one week and 4 the next.
- switch between upper and lower strength building exercises for my strength workouts
- Every other day do some form of cardio (Never the same two times in a row)
An update! I’m down to 167 following my plan! I left off the trail for awhile but am back on the wagon. Doing great!